Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Halloween Half Marathon 2011

Brian rode with us and brought us in!
At the end!
Taylor, Aaron, and Rob - Looking strong!
Almost there!
Katie & Eden enjoying the prize! Donuts and chocolate milk!
The kids at the turn-around point
All ready to go!
Coleen, Becky, & I - my running partners!
Had to throw a little Halloween in there!

Last year Aaron started the annual Maple Valley Halloween 1/2 marathon - this year was another success! We had the most beautiful run - it was cool but the colors were amazing and it didn't rain! We had some returning runners and many new runners! We also had the first ever Kid Halloween Dash! Everyone did great! From our family, Aaron, Taylor, and I all ran the 1/2. This was Taylor's first 1/2 marathon and he ran it in 1:49!! Way to go! Brian and Katie were such a help on the support staff handing out waters, keeping times, and cheering us all on! We look forward to next years race! Come join us!

2 comments:

Lil Lizzie said...

how fun! love the socks! :)

Kris and Megan said...

I love all the fun things you guys do with your good friends up there. Looks so fun and I wish I could be running these things with you! (I need some major training :) ) And go Taylor for his first time!